Food & Beverage
Filters are used in the food and beverage industry to separate, concentrate, and clarify liquids. Though separation and clarification processes are commonly used in the dairy industry, a “one size fits all” solution does not exist. This makes it important to choose the right filtration solution for the task at hand.
The industrial filtration of food and beverage is a critical step for many processes or for the treatment of food processing waste. Filtration plays a key role in maintaining food processing equipment, keeping food and beverages fresher, and prolonging their shelf life.
Some of the more common beverages that rely on filtration technology include:
- Wine-Soda-Beer-De-alcoholization (for non-alcoholic beverages)-Juice-Water-Milk
Some of the more common foods that rely on filtration technology include:
- Cheese and other dairy products
- Meat, fish, and their solid products (not including oils, fat, and juices)
- Fruits and vegetables (not including oils, fat, and juices)
- Oils and fats
- Grains, cereals, and starches
- Gelatin concentration
- Corn wet milling
- Xanthan gum
- Maple syrup
- Animal feed
A variety of dry and liquid separation processes are used in food and beverage production. Below are a few common applications:
- Salt production – Basket centrifuges are commonly used in salt production.
- Cream separation (from milk) – Disc centrifuges were designed for cream separation and are still used to this day.
- Water purification – Membranes are used to purify water before use as a food or beverage ingredient.
- Wastewater treatment – Wastewater is treated at facilities.
- Corn wet milling – A variety of filtration steps, including micro and nanofiltration, are required in the wet milling of corn.
- Sugar juice and crystals – Rotary vacuum drum filters separate sugar juice from settled mud before a centrifuge is used to recover sugar crystals.
- Vegetable seed oil refinement – Tubular or disc centrifuges and vacuum filters are commonly used to refine and de-wax vegetable seed oils.
- Beer and spirits production – Numerous separation activities take place including separation and dewatering of grains and clarifying liquids. Filter centrifuges and False bottom filters are used.
YUBO offers a complete family of filters, in compliance with CE and FDA standards, to meet the hygiene and safety requirements of the diversity of players and products within the food industry.